Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Game Shop Girl

Hi gals!  I have a quick layout to share today.  One that I did just a couple days ago, and I'm loving it!  I've been really inspired by Paige Evans lately, and her use of punches to use up papers, and I realized that I have a lot of 6x6 paper pads, but I don't use them as much as my 12x12 sheets.  So I figured that punching into them would be a great idea!  I even went out and picked up a star punch (from American Crafts) specifically for this layout.  So here it is:
 
 
I used yellow cardstock for the background, outlined the edges and punched stars from a variety of BasicGrey collections: Marjolaine, Curio, Lemonade, and Clippings.  I love how colourful and fun the layout looks.
 
 
The cute remember fabric sticker with the little elephant is from Amy Tan's "Oh Yes" collection, I believe. Chevron arrows are from Pink Paislee, and the different rhinestones are all from Abi's Craft.
Journaling reads: Remember that one time I picked up a kitten from a game shop while I was on practicum in a different province for 3 weeks?  I sure do!
 
 
Title uses two different alpha stickers.  The red is from Simple Stories; it came in a pack with a variety of different colours, from their "Snap" collection.  The white one is from Heidi Swapp (comes in a pack with white and black).  I also like the doodled stars throughout the page for a little bit more fun. 
 
 
The woodgrain chevron hearts are another fabric sticker from the same Amy Tangerine colletion.  The take note tab is from Evalicious, with another Pink Paislee arrow. 
 
I love how simple this layout is, and how quickly it came together, yet it has a lot of punch of it (pun not intended, ha!).  Hope you all have an awesome rest of your week.
Dalreen xo
 

No comments:

Post a Comment