Tuesday, August 27, 2013

a little vintage feeling

Holy smokes, it's been a busy couple of weeks, topped off with an incredibly jam-packed weekend!  Not much time for scrapbooking, but I wanted to share a layout for a wedding album (not mine) that I'm working on.


I'm super excited for this album!  The wedding colours were red/white/black but it took place a few days before Christmas, and was the snowiest day of the year.  Since white and black are both neutrals, I wanted to bring another colour into the mix, but thought green would make it a bit too Christmas-y and would take the focus off the whole wedding theme, so I opted for blue since it adds to the winter feel of the wedding.
 

I am a huge fan of wood vaneer and tend to use it on almost every layout, and most of the time, I like it's natural look.  But every now and then, I love to dress it up, and using some blue pigment ink was a lot of fun, and made the arrows pop off the page.  The plain wood was blending in a bit too much for my liking against the kraft cardstock.


Let's not forget about my constant affection for mists, too, and how I rarely ever use them in a misting format, and almost always as a splatter effect!  And it was made even better with the red sparkly/glittery dots (from an old Christmas collection from Recollections) strewn in among the blue (Mister Huey's in Honor Society) - they added the right amount of texture and fun.


Speaking of glitter... who doesn't adore some glitter tape and glitter Thickers (both from American Crafts)?  I certainly can't seem to pass up the opportunity to add some sparkle to pages, and clearly went a bit glitter-crazed on this particular page. ;)  The smaller blue letter stickers are one of my favourites also from AC.

This layout was too much fun, and it came together very easily (all thanks to a little sketch inspiration from 2 Broke Girls Scrapbook).  Hope you all are having a great week!

Happy scrapping!
Dalreen xo

No comments:

Post a Comment