Wednesday, September 4, 2013

a quick visit.

Hey all!  Another quick layout to share today, using scraps leftover from a butterfly punch (or the negative of the punch, rather).


I had used the butterflies on a different page, different day, and was clearing off the desk when I decided to not waste it and instead use it!  Backed against the plain cardstock, it looks really pretty and adds a little bit of detail on an otherwise simple page.


Using such a small photo (a 2x2 that I cut into a polaroid style - from the wonderful Persnickety Prints) on such a large background can sometimes be challenging, but I just worked my way from the middle outwards.  Did some basic layering, added a journaling card from Simple Stories, went back and misted/splattered the background with Mister Huey's ink in Espresso, and the layout was pretty much looking good.  I cut apart the flowers from an Amy Tangerine collection (I've been using those flowers a lot as cut-aparts - they're beautiful!), added a title (AC Thickers in the Stroll font), some washi tape and triangles and we're done! =]

Have a lovely evening, and have fun scrapping/being creative!
Dalreen xo

No comments:

Post a Comment