Saturday, September 21, 2013

enjoying the twos!

Hey everyone!  Hope your weekend has been wonderful so far!  I have a layout to share today - part of the baby album I'm working on for a client, and a process video for it up on my youtube channel. =]

 
I printed the photos at home on my Canon Selphy, after I resized them all to 3x4.  Arranged them in a grid pattern, and matted them to cream cardstock.  Added some orange brads to each of the corners, just to dress it up a bit.  The background paper is from the Animal Crackers for Boys collection pad from GCD Studios.  I pick up a lot of 12x12 collection pads from my local Winners store (similar to Target or Ross in the States), and thought the colours in the Animal Crackers would work really great for this particular album for my client.


The brown tile letters are from Amy Tangerine, and the orange chipboard letters are American Craft Thickers in the Iguana font.  I also outlined around the Thickers to make them pop off the page a little more, and added a BasicGrey wood vaneer arrow to draw more attention to the title (as well as use the odd gap of space efficiently). 


The cute little giraffe drawing, and the tiny heart, are both also from the Animal Crackers collection pad.  The full 12x12 paper had all sorts of circles with different animals and icons on it, but I just used my scissors to cut around the giraffe (since I didn't have a circle punch that would fit the size I needed), and I used my smallest circle punch for the heart.  Cut a few papers from my scrap basket into banner shapes and layered them underneath.  The sparkly blue bird is from an American Crafts Remarks sticker sheet, and I just stapled it to make sure it wouldn't move around, but wasn't stuck flat.  Lastly, I added the asterisk from the AC Thicker sheet to bring the orange up to the top of the page, since it seemed like it needed it.

Also, here's the process video for this layout, up on my Youtube channel.  =]


Enjoy the rest of your weekend everyone!  I think this is the last warm one up here in northern Canada (where I am, at least).  We were lucky to get this far without having to break out the parkas and boots!
Happy scrapping!
Dalreen xo

No comments:

Post a Comment